With the constant change in social media, it can be difficult to find new ways to expand your audience. Never fear, there is always a way to expand your audience when you network with others who are involved in your area of business.
One tool that may not be a new trend, but is worth take advantage of, is guest blogging for business. Fort Collins businesses can benefit from this opportunity to network with other bloggers which can help you reach that desired audience you’re looking for.
While there has been increasing popularity in blogging, it can be hard to determine if a blogger is a credible and worthy resource to contact. Here are some tips that are important to consider when searching for that perfect blog:
- Look for the blogs that are related to your business. While this may seem like an easy task, research must be conducted in order to make sure that the blog you found is related to your topic. Some blogs might have posts that are similar to what you want to write about, but they don’t have articles that are directly related to what your business sells. Therefore, you may not get the awareness you were hoping to gain through guest blogging for your business.
- Determine if the blogger has a well-established following of readers that will be interested in checking out your website. There may be bloggers that have interesting content and graphics, but there may not be anyone who is reading or commenting on their posts. Look at the blogger’s posts to see if any comments have been posted. Take advantage of website information companies such as Alexa.com that tell you what the blog’s online traffic ranking is. The lower the number, the greater their online presence is.
- Maximize your search by using helpful resources. Websites like Technorati and Google Blog Search are search engines that focus specifically on ranking blogs by popularity and importance. It is also useful to search for local bloggers if you are looking to reach a specific audience instead of a broader market.
- Establish relationships with bloggers. As the saying goes, it’s all about who you know. Having a good relationship with bloggers will give you a better advantage to have your voice heard by their audience. Bloggers will be more willing to work with people that they know and trust. If you are new to the online scene, use resources that can help you get connected with bloggers. You can also contact influencers in your niche and ask them if they would be interested in allowing you to write for them.
- Write an appealing pitch letter. You want to grab the blogger’s attention since they receive numerous requests every day. One great way to attract their attention is to find a creative approach to inserting their name into the subject line of the email. Personalize the pitch letter so they feel like you know their blog well and that they are the perfect resource to help you expand your business.
Fort Collins businesses who are interested in guest blogging for their business will find that these tips are just a few of the many ways to find that perfect blogger to contact. Consider these tips and put your creativity to the test by writing an intriguing blog post that will help you get your voice heard!